Company: Fresenius Medical Care
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Job ID 210002RD
Available Openings 1
Provide your personal attention and kindness, professional insight,
and a generosity of spirit. Offer expertise and encouragement.
Enhance each patients futureas well as your own.
Connect with your goals and change lives
with Fresenius Medical Care North America.
Here, we make connections that empower patients, their families,
and our team members. As the global leader in dialysis healthcare,
we form bonds that enable the best possible outcomes and
professional satisfaction. While our extensive organization
continues to grow, so do opportunities for our professionals to
learn, grow, and advance.
Why Join the Fresenius Team?
Passion. Dedication. Knowledge. Motivation. Experience. These
are the impressive qualities youll find in the Fresenius Leadership
Team. Our strength in the North American market and extensive
global network provide our employees with the best of both
worldsthe friendliness of a local organization and the stability of
a worldwide organizationfor diverse experiences and challenging
career opportunities. When you join the Fresenius Medical Care
team, youll be welcomed into a company that is built on the
philosophy that our employees are our most important asset. Our
career advantages include the following:
- Fresenius Medical Care is the nations largest provider of renal
care, meeting the needs of more than 135,000 patients at 1,800
clinics throughout the country.
- Our well-established, trusted organization fosters a spirit of
camaraderie, emphasizing friendly collaboration, professional
support, and career development.
- Superior training, UltraCare quality control, and certification
procedures ensure your potential to succeed and advance as a
- Competitive compensation and exceptional benefits.
- Outstanding tuition reimbursement program.
- Recognized among Fortunes Worlds Most Admired Companies in
- National Safety Award from CNA insurance companies for 11
- Opportunities to give back by participating in philanthropy and
community outreach programs.
Make the most of this exceptional opportunity to help others
with a leader in the healthcare industry. Following the Social Work
Theory of Human Behavior and accepted methods of practice, the
professional we select will provide psychosocial services and
counseling to in-center and home dialysis patients. Working with
patients, families, and our multidisciplinary team, this individual
will assess psychosocial status, strengths and areas of need, and
promote positive adjustment and rehabilitation to improve the
quality of life.
FRESENIUS CORE VALUES: Fresenius Medical Care is a people business.
Our success depends on having the best and brightest employees, and
helping them attain their personal and professional goals while
delivering excellence in patient care and business results. Our
employees embody our culture which is based on six core values:
patients and partners first, honesty and integrity, quality and
compliance, collaboration, no-limits mindset and results oriented.
These values support our promise to improve the quality of life of
every patient every day. PURPOSE AND SCOPE: Supports FMCNA's
mission, core values, expected behaviors, and customer service
philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including
following all regulatory and FMS policy and procedure requirements.
Provides psychosocial services to patients treated by the facility
including in-center and home dialysis patients (if applicable)
utilizing Social Work Theory of Human Behavior and accepted methods
of social work practice. Works with the health care team to promote
positive adjustment, rehabilitation and improved quality of life
for our patients. In collaboration with the interdisciplinary team,
informs, educates and supports staff in understanding the
emotional, psychological and behavioral impact of Chronic Kidney
Disease on the patient and family to ensure comprehensive quality
care of our patients. Supports the FMCNA commitment to the Quality
Indicators and Outcomes and Quality Assessment and Improvement
(QAI) Activities, including those related to patient satisfaction
and quality of life and actively participates in process
improvement activities that enhance the likelihood that patients
will achieve the FMCNA Quality Goals. Adheres to all requirements
of the FMCNA Compliance Program, and all FMS policy requirements
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: CUSTOMER SERVICES:
- Responsible for driving the FMS culture through values and
customer services standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external
and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through
effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve, and follow up
regarding customer services issues with all customers in a timely
PRINICIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES RELATED TO PATIENT CARE:
Patient Assessment/Care Planning Counseling:
- As a member of the interdisciplinary team, assesses patients'
psychosocial status, strengths and areas of need that may affect
rehabilitation and optimal treatment outcomes as part of the
comprehensive patient assessment.
- Participates in care planning in collaboration with the patient
and healthcare team to identify effective interventions that will
help the patient meet rehabilitation, treatment goals, and improve
quality of life.
- Utilizes FMS Ultra Care patient education programs, established
social work theory and methods and quality of life measurement
instruments as part of assessment and care planning to resolve
barriers and meet patient treatment goals.
- Provides established outcomes driven psycho-educational
counseling methods aimed at improving areas of need, treatment
adherence, vocational/educational rehabilitation and/or quality of
- Provides supportive and goal directed counseling to patients
who are seeking transplant.
- Assesses patient awareness of advance directives; assists with
accessing advance directive forms/information and facilitates
discussion of advance directive wishes, if necessary, with the
healthcare team and the patient's family/support persons.
- Will provide general information about Do Not Resuscitate
Orders and Advanced Directives
- Provides information and assists the team and patient with
referral to community resources (home health services, vocational
rehabilitation, etc.) to facilitate optimal treatment
- In collaboration with the physician and nurse, participates in
the discussion of patient DNR status in the facility to ensure
patient understanding and informed decision making.
- Provides usual care and/or Social Work Intensive to address
non-adherence and quality of life concerns for all patients
- Knowledgeable of and adheres to FMCNA Social Work Policy,
- Assess patient knowledge of kidney disease for barriers that
may affect adherence to treatment. Works with patient, family and
health care team to provide education tailored to the patients
learning style and needs.
- With other members of the interdisciplinary team, provides
appropriate information about all treatment modalities. Facilitates
the transplant referral process and collaborates with
interdisciplinary team, if delegated by Clinical Manager.
- Provides ongoing education to patient/family regarding
psychosocial issues related to End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) and
all support services that are available.
- Reviewed patient rights and responsibilities, grievance
information (company and network) and other facilities policies
with patient and/or the patients representative to ensure patients
understanding of the rights and expectations of them.
- Collaborates with the team on appropriate QAI activities.
- Understands the referral and admission process and supports the
clinic in regard to the patient needs for scheduling to maximize
adherence and adjustment
Insurance and Financial Assistance:
- Collaborates with facility management, Financial Coordinators
and Billing Group staff to address patient issues related to
- In collaboration with Financial Coordinators, provides
information and education to patients about payment to dialysis
(federal, state, commercial insurance, state renal programs, AKF
HIPP, and entitlement programs)
- Maintains current knowledge regarding local
vocational/educational rehabilitation programs and assist patients
with referral and access to vocational rehabilitation to enable
them to remain employed, become employed or receive education.
- (Reassess patient demographic and insurance information changes
every quarter. Notifies all appropriate departments of
- Understands FMCNA financial policies and procedures as they
related to patient services. Collaborate with Financial
Coordinators to educate patients about programs that may be
available to assist with uncovered services, how to resolve billing
concerns, and understand financial responsibilities.
- Assist with interview process and decision to hire new
personnel if requested by CM or AM/DO.
- Works with the administrative support staff to maintain updated
patient resource lists (e.g. maintain updated list of
- Develops and provides training to staff pertaining to
psychosocial topics as needed. Trains staff in Ultra Care Programs
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more
departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or
location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS :
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Travel required (if multiple facilities)
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS :
- 2 5 years related experience
- State Specific Licensure Required
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free
workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Keywords: Fresenius Medical Care, Valdosta , Social Worker, Other , valdosta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!