Company: Ameris Bancorp
Posted on: June 2, 2021
Ameris Bank is a high-performing community bank providing an
exceptional customer experience with well trained, empowered
employees. At Ameris, we look outside conventional wisdom and
processes to find new answers. This means cutting red tape,
empowering our people to make decisions at the local level and
creating clear paths and easy touchpoints. We represent energy and
passion, a steady strength that is bold and assertive, creativity
in thinking and problem solving, a scrappy determination and nimble
approach to getting things done, a good natured, genuine and
approachable way of serving each other and our customers. We look
forward to the future, and what this means for you, if you join our
We want to fill this position with a qualified applicant who
would like to have a long term, rewarding career with our bank.
Ameris Bank will be a high-performing community bank providing
an exceptional customer experience with well trained, empowered
employees. Applicants must be able to demonstrate our core values
Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Honesty and High Standards.
Summary Job Description:
The responsibilities of a Commercial Banker II include the
acquisition of new business through active calling on existing
clients to solicit additional business and calling on high-value
prospects within the bank's market area. A successful Commercial
Banker provides value to their clients by giving clients their full
attention, understanding the client needs and customizing a unique
solution that will benefit the business' loan, deposit and service
The applicant should be service-oriented, professional,
friendly, and enjoy our fast-paced atmosphere.
May be required to work weekend and/or extended hours. Regular,
reliable attendance is crucial to our success.
- Uphold the Ameris Bank Mission Statement, Vision Statement and
- Target clients shall be small to medium sized businesses with
gross revenues in the general range of $5 million to $75 million.
While not restricted, ideal credit facilities will be in the range
of $1 million to $15 million. Products shall include lines of
credit, term facilities, C&I and Commercial Real Estate
- Expand and retain Commercial and High Net Worth Individual
- Grow and manage a portfolio of Commercial loans to $60M and
beyond whose Margin and Revenue meets or exceeds the bank's
- Grow and service a portfolio of deposit customers to $30M and
beyond with emphasis on low cost deposits.
- Negotiate loan structures that maximize the bank's credit
quality and profitability.
- Analyze customer provided financial information in order to
appropriately underwrite, present credit structures for committee
approval and perform ongoing credit grade determinations within
Ameris Bank Loan Policy Guidelines.
- Coordinate portfolio management functions of a team of Credit
Underwriters, Credit Analysts and Document Processors.
- Ability to maintain an existing portfolio of loans that are
compliant with all Banking Regulations as well as oversee internal
quality measurements such as: current documentation, customer
financial statements and covenants compliance.
- Manage a Commercial Banking Assistant (CBA) whose primary duty
is to support the Commercial Banker in Portfolio Management,
Customer Service and Sales efforts.
- Primary Relationship Manager for both Business and High Net
Worth individuals. Partner with other areas of the bank to uncover
sales opportunities among both customers and prospects in the areas
of Retail Banking, Treasury, SBA Loans, Municipal Lending, or
Retail Secondary Market Mortgages.
- Identify smaller Business opportunities (outside the
prospecting plan of the Commercial Banker) and refer them to
Business Bankers and Retail Bank teammates.
- 5 - 10 years of experience in commercial credit with an
established portfolio of Commercial customers.
- Demonstrated track record complying with all commercial bank
laws, bank products, services, policies and procedures as well as
cost accounting, financial and statistical analysis, principles of
commercial and consumer credit.
- Proven track record of consultative "value added" selling
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, managing
time and resources to ensure work is completed efficiently and
within established timeframes.
- Computer literate; fluency in Microsoft Office programs, Excel
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships
and contacts with professional and business organizations and
develop teamwork with co-workers on other related units.
- Strong problem-solving, negotiation & follow-up skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's Degree
in Business or related field preferred.
The above job description is meant to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties,
and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to
reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some
requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or
significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other
Keywords: Ameris Bancorp, Valdosta , Commercial Banker, Other , Valdosta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!