API Integrations Technical Support Engineer
Company: Jack Henry & Associates Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Description & Requirements
We are seeking a Technical Support Engineer to join our EPS
team. In this role, you will be responsible for providing technical
engineering support on various projects in support of our software
customers who are utilizing EPS Application Programming Interfaces
(API's) and web services. To be successful in this role, you must
have a firm grasp on general technology, and possess strong problem
solving and research skills as the customers you will be supporting
will frequently have strong technical backgrounds in engineering.
The ideal candidate will have exposure to technical projects that
utilize Web Services, API's, SOAP and JSON.
This position can be based to work out of the following
locations: Albuquerque, NM/Allen, TX/Valdosta, GA.
- Must have a minimum of 18 months in technical support,
engineering or troubleshooting.
- Must have customer-facing experience in a technical role.
- Associate's or bachelor's degree.
- Knowledge of web services technology, API's (JSON and SOAP
- Familiar with sending web service requests using applications
such as Ready API, SoapUI or WCFStorm.
- Understanding of the Payments/Banking Industry in the area of
mobile check deposits and Automated Clearing House (ACH).
- Familiar with product integration and 3rd party systems.
- Familiar with leading and managing projects.
- Comfortable with scheduling and leading technical conference
calls with customers.
- Familiar with Salesforce.
- Familiar with MS SQL Server and SQL queries.
- Interacts with product support personnel, and potentially the
customer, when the customer's problem cannot be resolved directly
by first-level resources.
- Provides technical assistance to customers on the web services
and API's they are developing to for their project. Provides
support to customers/users if product issues are encountered.
Analyzes the problem as described by the customer and determines
the best course of action.
- Interacts directly with the customer/user when the product is
highly technical or sophisticated in nature, such as with systems
level software where the user has a technical background.
- Includes all appropriate departments to facilitate a successful
resolution to any client issue.
- Reports design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to
software engineering. Creates defect records on all reported issues
with supporting files and examples for development to create code
- Prepares test environment when necessary to simulate, document
or recreate errors or problems reported by customer to determine
appropriate action. May prepare test environment and test new
enhancements or other internal quality testing.
- Maintains familiarity with company products by attending
training classes, observing experienced support personnel, reading
software documentation, and participating in on-line training
- Manages and drives multiple technical projects providing weekly
updates to management until completion.
- May bid and complete Customer Work Requests (CWRs) in
accordance with company standards.
- May be involved in customer installations, upgrades, and
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Jack Henry, we know we are better together. We value,
respect, and protect the uniqueness each of us brings. Innovation
flourishes by including all voices and makes our business-and our
society-stronger. Jack Henry is an equal opportunity employer and
we are committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our
employment practices, including selection, hiring, performance
management, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, education,
training, social, and recreational activities to all persons
regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin,
ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, genetic
information, pregnancy, marital status, sex, gender, gender
identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, and military
and veteran status, or any other protected status protected by
local, state or federal law.
No one will be subject to, and Jack Henry prohibits, any form of
discipline, reprisal, intimidation, or retaliation for good faith
reports or complaints of incidents of discrimination of any kind,
pursuing any discrimination claim, or cooperating in related
Keywords: Jack Henry & Associates Inc., Valdosta , API Integrations Technical Support Engineer, Other , Valdosta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!