Company: Southwest Key Programs
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Functional Family Therapist is responsible for providing, at
minimum, weekly one-hour, home-based family therapy sessions to
clients. The Functional Family Therapist must maintain a flexible
work schedule that may include working hours other than regular
work schedule and evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Carry caseload as assigned.
- Provide home-based functional family therapy to families.
- Actively participate as part of the therapy team.
- Participate in on going FFT training and consultation
- Assist families by actively referring them to appropriate
services and supports.
- Assist families with both clinical and concrete services.
- Perform basic accountability tasks related to the job, which
include compiling and maintain all necessary records.
- Regular and punctual attendance.
Able to react to change productively and handle other essential
tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Masters degree in social work, counseling, psychology, marriage
and family therapy, social work or other relevant human service
profession with two (2) years experience in children and family
- Licensed or license eligible in respective field (to include,
but not limited to: LPC, LCSW, LMFT).
- Certified in or recent experience with Functional Family
- Ability and willingness to work with families in their own
- Flexibility to work when families are available.
- Very good interpersonal communication skills
- Strong clinical skills
- Ability to adapt and individualize program interventions to
utilize family strengths and skills.
- Skill in handling multiple tasks and meeting multiple
- Ability to remain flexible and work with multiple and changing
priorities when necessary.
- Valid Drivers License, maintain current insurance and
registration and clear driving record.
- Clear result from a criminal background check by the Georgia
Department of Juvenile Justice.
- Clear drug screen results from the organizations designated
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Previous FFT experience
- Previous Court experience
Must be able to obtain First Aid Certification (CPR). Must be
able to verify clients whereabouts by driving, sitting, standing
and walking for extended periods of time. Daily use of various
office equipment. Bending, stooping, climbing up stairs and lifting
up to 15 lbs. required to complete daily tasks.
This is a program which requires daily contact with clients in
their homes, and other community based settings at varying hours of
the day including evening and night hours. Remote work (personal
home office) setting is required to be provided by staff at their
own expense. Staff must be able to maintain confidentiality of
client records in their home office and must be able to participate
in confidential conversations in this work environment. Work
environment must be conducive to productivity and confidentiality
with limited distractions. Work environment must be able to be
monitored by supervisor periodically to ensure appropriate
confidentiality of client records and work products. Work shifts
are subject to change. Staff will be required to maintain their
personal vehicle in good working order and may require extended
periods of time in an automobile. Exposed to prevalent weather
Keywords: Southwest Key Programs, Valdosta , Family Therapist, Other , Valdosta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!